Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

October 12, 2012

S'mores Fudge {Week 3 of The 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats!}

Hello hello! 

Here's to Week 3 of The 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats, hosted by Brenda at Meal Planning Magic. Please join us. You've got 9 weeks left!
 
So I made some more fudge. 

S'mores fudge, in fact.


 

What a genius idea! 

Only, I mixed the marshmallows in way too much, that they became incorporated into the chocolate and you can't even see them in the photos. But Baking Bites photos is amazing - in focus and you can see those marshmallows and graham crackers so crisply!

 

So next time I make it I'll only fold the marshmallows in gently and not overmix. 

S'mores Fudge
slightly adapted from Baking Bites
  • 18 oz semisweet or milk chocolate (or 3 cups chocolate chips), chopped
  • 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 2 cups chopped graham crackers
Line a 9-inch square cake pan with lightly greased aluminum foil.

In a double boiler or large pot, combine chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, butter and vanilla extract. Cook, stirring frequently, until very smooth. Stir constantly to prevent scorching, if cooking in a pot.

Fold mini marshmallows and graham cracker pieces into the chocolate mixture with a spatula. Do not overmix. Pour into prepared pan and press into an even layer.


Allow fudge to set at room temperature for 4-6 hours. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.


Printable Recipe






















 



I am really loving this series. It brings me joy to search and search for the perfect treats to make. I have a whole list of possibilities!



Check out what treats other bloggers made in the blog hop below:


Peace, and bacon grease!


10 comments:

Nanna said...

these look heavenly!
Helen

laurie said...

These look crazy good!

DNCWWO said...

I love s'mores! This fudge looks fantastic!

Paula Montenegro said...

They sound fantastic, a great combination of flavors! Sometimes pics don´t do justice to how good something tastes.

Vicki Bensinger said...

I love any type of chocolate fudge and these sound delicious and fun to make.

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

I want S'More Fudge!!! I bet the incorporated marshmallows makes them taste REALLY GOOD!! I love how I can see the crispy graham crackers!

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves Smores so your fudge must be a big hit.
Annamaria

Dawn said...

I'm always looking for new fudge recipes for the holidays. This looks great! So happy to be baking with you'

Chris said...

You marshmallow over-stirrer! ;)

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

My DH would LOVE this recipe!

I’d like to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-5-happy-hen.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick