Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

October 7, 2010

Garlic Oven Fries

Here comes a simple one! Potatoes? check. Seasonings? check. And that's it! Thank goodness for easy recipes that don't require a trip to the grocery. I had all whopping four ingredients in my pantry so I decided to make this. I do love me some potatoes :)

I modified the basic Garlic Oven Fries recipe from the Pillsbury website by using Yukon Gold potatoes instead of red potatoes...because that's what I had on hand. This is supposed to be such a simple recipe, but would you believe that I couldn't figure out or remember how to cut the potatoes into wedge shapes?! I felt so silly. I mean, it can't be that hard! But it was for me, unfortunately. I'm sure I could have googled it, but I just went with it and just made them into as close to wedge shapes as I could. Very elementary of me. I am pretty sure I had to cook them longer than the recipe calls for. I like mine crispy, definitely cooked all the way through with a crisp finish on the outside. I don't remember the exact cooking time, but just cook it for as long as the recipe says, and keep checking on it afterwards to see if it needs longer to cook.

















Garlic Oven Fries adapted from Pillsbury
Printable recipe

  • 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into wedges
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon freeze-dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • cooking spray

Heat oven to 500°F. Spray a pan with cooking spray to prevent potatoes from sticking. In medium bowl, toss potatoes with oil to coat. Sprinkle with basil and garlic salt. Arrange in single layer in baking pan. Bake uncovered 15 to 18 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are tender but crisp on outside.

*Note: Potatoes may need to be cooked longer so that they are cooked through yet crisp on the outside.

No comments: