This month I was assigned to Jamie's blog, Our Eating Habits. It sure was hard to pick one recipe, as Jamie has a vast recipe archive chock full of alluring recipes from sweet to savory. How can I choose just one??!! Ultimately, I chose her Eggs Diablo recipe.
These are some jazzed-up deviled eggs! I was nervous about the salsa in the yolk mixture, but it, along with the green chiles, added a nice kick. And I love green onions in pretty much anything.
I'm so used to my deviled eggs having mustard, but these didn't even need it. With all those other flavors happening, you won't even miss the mustard.
seen on Our Eating Habits, from Southern Living Homestyle Cookbook
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned green chiles
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons chunky medium salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- green chiles or salsa, for garnish
Mash egg yolks together with fork. Add remaining ingredients, except garnish, and stir until well combined.
Scoop yolk mixture into egg whites. Top with garnish of your choice.
Thanks for the great recipe, Jamie! I love trying different deviled egg recipes and this one did not disappoint :)
Check out my past Secret Recipe Club posts!
Peace, and bacon grease!