Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 17, 2012

Ranch Taco Salad

Why yes, it has been 13 days since I last posted.

Gotsta get back on my game, people! I've got a month vacation from school until I start back up late August, so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can. And that means a lot of sleeping. But I promise to make more time for blogging.

The inspiration for this taco salad came from Taco Casa's taco salad with ranch. Then I saw Tina's recipe for Ranch Doritos Taco Salad and morphed the two ideas together. No thousand island dressing for me. Ranch dressing, though? This girl loves her some ranch.

























Not gonna lie, I do prefer Taco Casa's ranch dressing to the bottled Hidden Valley ranch that we used. What the heck does Taco Casa use?!? I prefer our seasoned ground beef though to Taco Casa's low grade beef mush. Plus Taco Casa doesn't have all the extra goodies on there like onions and avocados and corn. And this uses realllll lettuce, not iceberg lettuce. And ranch doritos instead of regular tortilla chips. 

So there, take that Taco Casa!






















Pile on the goods. Lettuce, tomatoes, corn, avocado, red onions, seasoned beef, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese. Whatever your little heart desires.

Eat and enjoy.

Ranch Taco Salad
adapted from Taco Casa's version + Mom's Crazy Cooking
  • 1 head of green leaf lettuce
  • 1 lb ground beef cooked with Homemade Taco Mix
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 5 oz (about 16) cherry tomatoes, halved and seasoned with salt and pepper
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced or diced 
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Cool Ranch Doritos
Layer ingredients beginning with lettuce, then beef, then corn, tomatoes, avocado, and onion. Top with ranch dressing and then cheese. Adjust measurements according to your liking, or add or exclude any ingredients you don't like. Serve with Cool Ranch Doritos.

























How do you like your taco salad? 

Aka how should I be eating mine?  :)

Peace, and bacon grease!





Linking up here.

20 comments:

Faith said...

seriously? get in my belly! i wish i was eating that right now!

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! I'm a ranch loving girl as well! Thanks for sharing :)

Check out my latest recipe, review and giveaway @ bakingblissful.blogspot.com

Sally said...

Looks delicious... just need a jumbo margarita to pair with it!

Ashley said...

yum!! Looks so good. thanks for linkin up to Tell Me Tuesday!!

Unknown said...

Wow this looks so good! I want to make it right now! I am loving your blog! I am a new follower! Would love for you to visit mine!

riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Desi, this looks so good right now, and I totally mowed down on Mexican earlier tonight. I've never thought about adding ranch OR Cool Ranch Doritos to my taco salads, but this sounds simply amazing. Hopping over from Hearth & Soul tonight. Hope you'll swing by SalmonAtSeven the new form of EKat's Kitchen soon. (PS, I'm hosting a $25 Amazon giveaway!)
xoxo

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Desi,
Yummy, this recipe looks so good. Thanks for sharing.
Smiles, Paula

Summer said...

The Hidden Valley ranch mix makes a dressing that is a HUGE improvement over the bottled stuff, and it's really quick to mix up.

Carole said...

Great post. I found you via the Real Housewives of Riverton Recipe Round up. I linked in a post about a retro dish called Coronation Chicken. Have a lovely week.

April J Harris said...

Your ranch taco salad looks like such a treat! I love all the wonderful fresh ingredients.

Veronica Miller said...

I have to admit I love white trash taco salad with the catalina/french dressing (and iceberg lettuce is my favorite-I know!) but this ranch version looks like a worthy opponent! There is a "fiesta ranch" dip mix that might make a wonderful dressing for this--it's my favorite!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Desi,
We just love a great Taco Salad and your recipe looks awesome! Hope you are having a great summer week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Janie said...

I've had ranch seasoning with spaghetti - so I bet it's really good paired with tacos!

Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursday!

Chris said...

I like this a lot. I wish my family liked taco salads but it doesn't interest them. I like them but they'd rather just have tacos. Punks.

Jocelyn said...

Yay for yummy taco salads with ranch dressing!! That is how we eat them around here too:-)

Brandi said...

Looks so delicious. It's Friday and I'm going to relax and watch a movie and this will be my dinner! Thanks for sharing.

Rochelle said...

The special dressing Taco Casa uses is BUTTERMILK and believe me, there's a world of difference betwwen the two! Please practice accurate reporting. Thanx

Desi said...

@Rochelle - If you read correctly, I asked "What does Taco Casa use??" in my post, because I wasn't completely sure but just referred to it as a ranch dressing. Also, I am not a reporter and thus do not need to practice accurate reporting. So please practice accurate reading and subsequent commenting. Thanx.

deatha said...

sa réponse Balenciaga Dolabuy Votre nom de domaine Dolabuy Goyard ce lien hypertexte sacs de créateurs de répliques

sibead said...

v6w19y1z88 w9h82z1n02 l1d13e2k37 u1j49w4n58 j3r10p9a04 t6z89d7o21