Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

November 17, 2014

Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs

It's time for November's Secret Recipe Club.  :)

 






















































This month I was assigned to Debbi's blog, Debbi Does Dinner Healthy. Debbi has so many good recipes, it was hard to narrow it down to one! In the spirit of fall and pumpkin, I was so tempted to make her Pumpkin Pancakes, but I did just make a pancake recipe recently that will be on the blog soon. I just made some rice krispies recently too but her Cinnamon Roll Rice Crispy Treats are so adorable and I bet they taste amazing too. But I decided to go with something more savory. 

Ultimately, her Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs won me over.

Anything jalapenopopper-like is a sure thing for me. The perfect mix of spicy, salty and creamy! 

(My tip to nearly perfectly peeled hard boiled eggs immediately removing the pot to the sink and run in cold water to stop the cooking process. Then when ready to crack and peel, run warm water on the eggs as you crack them in the pot. Crack all over, allowing the warm water to help release the eggs from the cracked shells. I only had one mess up, I consider that an almost success.  :)  Do you guys have any tips for perfectly peeled hard boiled eggs?)

 
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
slightly modified from Debbie Does Dinner Healthy

  • 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
  • 2 tablespoons mayo
  • 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tablespoons cheddar jack cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 cup pickled jarred jalapenos, diced
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (save some for garnish)
  • cheddar jack cheese, shredded, for topping
Preheat oven to broil. 

Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolks out, add to a medium bowl. Mash the yolks and mix with the mayo, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons cheddar jack cheese, jalapenos and bacon. Place about a tablespoon of the mixture into the halved eggs. Sprinkle on cheddar jack cheese to top, place on a baking sheet and broil for a minute or so until cheese has melted. Top with additional bacon for garnish.

Printable Recipe

 























































PJ declared these the best deviled eggs he's had! I agree they are super good. You can use fresh jalapenos if you want, be we used the jarred stuff because I prefer them in deviled eggs. We used cheddar jack shredded cheese, a mix of cheddar and monterey jack. 

We loved that they were broiled for a minute too, cuz jalapeno poppers are served hot right?! Loved this twist on a deviled egg. Adding to the rotation :)


Check out my past Secret Recipe Club posts! 





Linking up here.
 

Peace, and bacon grease!



12 comments:

Rhonda said...

My hubby loves deviled eggs and jalapeno poppers, I'm so making this for him.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm so glad you liked these!! The pictures look great!

Veronica Miller said...

I guess I must be hungry b/c every blog I go to for the SRC reveal I practically die from dehydration b/c I'm drooling out all my spit! LOL! These sound soooo incredible. I want them. Why don't I have them right now? GAh!

Unknown said...

Well jalapeno poppers and deviled eggs combined into one dish really does sound amazing!

Unknown said...

You had me at devilled eggs. I love any recipe that contains those two word sin the title. These look spectacular.

Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice said...

I've seen all kinds of versions of deviled eggs but never something like this - so creative!

Erin said...

I love, love, love deviled eggs! These look amazing. Perfect for the holiday table (thanks!!!)
http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.com

Bobbi | Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen said...

I would eat these all by myself!!

Stephanie said...

I love this spin on deviled eggs. Wonderful SRC post

Chris said...

Well now I am going to have to make these because I love EVERYTHING about them. Gimme!

Unknown said...

wonderful twist on plain boiled eggs thanks for sharing

A Day in the Life on the Farm said...

Hi Desi,

Just want to let you know that I found your recipe on Sarah's of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. I made my version for today's #SundaySupper. You can find it at http://adayinthelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com/2016/03/an-eggtastic-sundaysupper.html. Thanks for the share that led to Sarah's finding it.