Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 16, 2014

Peanut Brittle

Hi hi hi!
















































The school semester is over until mid June, so my goal is to pile on the recipes while I can!! First up....

Peanut Brittle!








































I've always been a fan since I was a wee little girl. This was my first time making homemade peanut brittle though. Mine was a tad thick, next time I think I'll use a shallower/wider baking sheet so it doesn't turn out so thick.

Nonetheless, 'twas still tasty. And it's not even difficult, friends! Whodathunk making peanut brittle could be so easy peasy??

Now go make it!








































Peanut Brittle
slightly adapted from Mother Thyme

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
Line a large, wide/shallow baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large saucepan, stir sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in peanuts. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid burning, until candy thermometer reaches 295 degrees and the mixture is a golden color, about 10-15 minutes. 

Remove from heat. Quickly pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Set aside to allow to cool and harden. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. 

Printable Recipe

















































Stay tuned for more recipes coming soon!!!

I really hope I'm not lying to you :)


Linking up here.


Peace, and bacon grease!





No comments: