Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 7, 2012

Mini Oreo Turtle Cheesecakes {Crazy Cooking Challenge}

Hello there my pretties.

Photobucket
This month's Crazy Cooking Challenge is here! It's the last month, you know. I'm sad about it. The theme for this month was cheesecake. Eaten many, but never made one myself. Nonetheless, I was up for the challenge. That's what these challenges are about anyways, right? Challenging yourself. Myself. Whatever.

Would I say I challenged myself? Not exactly. But I did make some adorable little mini cheesecakes. Not a whole one. Still a bit intimidated there. But one day, I will conquer that intimidation.

























But for now, these mini cheesecakes count as cheesecakes. And not only are they just adorable to look at, they have oreos... and nuts.... and chocolate.... and caramel. Yes, I'd say Lauren is a genius for this one.

















Mini Oreo Turtle Cheesecakes
  • 12 Oreos
  • 8oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup caramel sauce
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Place one oreo cookie in the bottom of each tin and set aside.

In a large bowl, whip the softened cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Scrape sides and whip again until there are no lumps. Spoon cheesecake batter over oreos evenly. Depending on how deep your muffin tins are, you should get anywhere from 9-12 individual cheesecakes. Top with chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips. Bake for 15 minutes or until completely set. Bring to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold. To serve, remove liners, place on serving platter and top with caramel sauce.



















PJ liked these more than I did (shocker, because there is caramel and nuts!). Next time I'd make more of the cheesecake filling because mine didn't turn out as deep as Lauren's, so there was more oreo than cheesecake. And I may play with the cheesecake recipe a bit more.

But overall I'm happy with my first cheesecake recipe.


















Even if they are only minis  :)

Be sure to check out all of my other Crazy Cooking Challenge recipes


Peace, and bacon grease! 

14 comments:

Janie said...

Oh my gosh, Desi!!! Those looks so good. I love that they are mini too :) You can eat more of them with less guilt, right? LOL

#18 - I am sharing this every which way I can!

Melissa said...

Mini or not, these are still cheesecakes and they look fantastic, Desi!

Great CCC pick! I'm #16 :)

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

What a cute little cheesecake. They sound so yummy! I'd love for you to stop by - I'm #9 in the challenge. :)

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

I think you nailed these, maybe you could do a whole one at thanks giving!!

Anonymous said...

Those mini cheesecakes look wonderful. Beautiful pictures and such a great recipe! I had been struggling with making my first cheesecakes for SO LONG, as well. Finally I gave it a try and it was so easy and delicious. So worth it!

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I love it! Thank you for being a part of the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE. Watch for upcoming details about the next years challenge.

Lisa~~ said...

Gotta love minis and the Oreo on the bottom and all the toppings, total yum.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: #6 Mini Cheesecake Bites.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Ashley said...

yumm...and so cute

Jocelyn said...

Making cheesecake minis just means you can eat more of them right? :-) These are divine looking for sure!!!

April J Harris said...

Oh my, these sound delicious, and they look cute too!

Ali @ Jamhands.net said...

Oh boy these look so yummy!

I wanted to thank you for submitting this to Recipe Sharing Monday last week. The new party is up this morning and I'd love it if you joined us again. Have a great week!

Penniless Parenting said...

chocolate, caramel, cheesecake- what more can you ask for???

kyleen said...

Oreos and cream cheese... What an epic combination. These mini cheesecakes look amazing!